Paleo diet - What is it?
Jump to the question - What can we eat if we keep the Paleo Diet?
History and useful facts about the Paleo diet
During Paleolithic, people mostly fed fish, wildlife, meat, berries, and have not yet known grains and crops. Today, the Paleo diet is based on the same diet, avoiding dairy products, salt, sugar and all processed and artificial foods that underlie cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity and, according to some theories, also cause cancer diseases.
The Paleo diet is very popular around the world and is gaining more and more supporters. It is believed that this is one of the most effective diets that can help us to cope more quickly and healthier with overweight by providing our body with only useful and fresh food so that our body can easily to rework.
Creator of the Paleo diet is Lawrence Cordeen. He estimates that over 50% of the food we eat today did not exist in Paleolithic, so he believes that applying this diet can help us become healthier, more energetic and in a very good shape.
It is important to look at the situations in which the diet is right for us and when it is not good to offer it before we see what diet you eat at the Paleo diet.
What makes the Paleo diet useful for our body:
1. Makes us healthier, more energetic, changes our lives.
2. This is a high protein diet that permanently reduces appetite and accelerates our metabolism.
3. The high consumption of fruits and vegetables makes it healthier.
4. This way of eating is very appropriate for those of us who have high blood sugar levels.
5. The diet will make us healthier, more dynamic people and help reduce the risk of developing chronic and cardiovascular diseases and will increase our immunity.
6. And very important - We do not need to monitor the number of calories we take or limit the number of meals during the day.
When does a Paleo diet may not be the right diet for us:
1. Diet requires dedication! We must have firmly decided that we are ready to change our diet and life!
2. If our way of life does not allow it.
3. If we are the people we love to eat a lot of carbohydrate foods.
4. If we can not give up coffee, sugar and sweet things, which requires time and persistence.
5. If we are vegetarian or vegetarian.
6. If we are active sportsmen. It is important to know that when we are physically active, our sensitivity to insulin improves and higher carbohydrate intake is needed.
Each one of us, if he has enough desire and is determined to change his or her way of eating to live healthier, could use Paleo the way of eating for himself.
What we need to know first of all is that the basic thing about Paleo diet is that it does not limit us.
Now let's take a closer look at the useful foods and those that should be excluded from our daily diet according to the Paleo diet in order to achieve the desired goal.
Useful foods for us.
The most important foods in the Paleo diet are meat and eggs. They are a source of proteins of high nutritional value, also of minerals without which our organism can not live - iron, sulfur, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamins B1 and B2.
Another very important thing in this diet is the unrestricted eating of fruits and vegetables - carrots, turnips, parsnips, radishes, ginger, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, carrots, radish, beets, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage salad.
Seafood is also recommended as well as all nuts and seeds, except for peanuts that are legumes, and the Paleo diet prohibits them, but that's why we'll talk a little bit down the article
Honey and dried fruit are only allowed in small quantities. Some oils, such as olive oil, linseed and rapeseed oil, are allowed in the menu. It is recommended to take fish oil in capsules. Beverages allow water, tea and freshly squeezed unsweetened juices in small quantities.
Foods to avoid
The main foods we exclude from our menu are grain and legumes - wheat, corn, rice, beans, lentils, chickpeas, and others. The main reason why they are forbidden is that they are not part of the natural human food. They also contain a lot of carbohydrates that, if not spent as energy, are stored in fat stores, which is definitely not a desirable effect on dieting.
Other products that we have to refuse are - cereals, including bread, pasta, spaghetti, beans - beans, green beans, lentils, peanuts, peas, potatoes, milk and dairy products, processed meats, , chocolate, products made from corn and soybean, flour, mayonnaise, salt, yeast, vinegar / we can replace it with freshly squeezed lemon juice and all different types of snacks and chips.
Paleo adherents believe that most grains contain gluten and lectins. Many people are intolerant to gluten, lecithins are toxic substances that naturally occur in cereals, legumes, and potatoes.
It is very important to know that, as the diet rejects the consumption of dairy products and legumes, we need to eat enough of spinach, almonds, tuna, sardines and pumpkin seeds to get the calcium and protein we need for our body. They also contain magnesium and zinc and are also low calorie. Sometimes some Palo experts allow inclusion of dairy products when the body needs extra calories.
Our bodies are designed to function with fewer carbohydrates than we do. Let's not forget that carbohydrates, albeit in small amounts, are found in fruits, vegetables, and root crops. If our goal is to lose weight, the fruits are the only component of the diet that we need to restrict.
The idea of the Paleo diet is to go back to eating as nature has set us. So, in theory, we should take full advantage of our genetic potential and live without the chronic diseases of the day.
We know that the balance between accepted and consumed calories is always the most important when we talk about weight loss. The reason for the success of the Paleo diet is that despite the calories in this way of eating, we can not overdo them. The combination of proteins and fruits and vegetables rich in fiber, as well as healthy fats, is very potent.
Ideas for lunch or dinner.
A very good option for lunch or dinner is to eat a medium sized steak with an unlimited amount of salad with a little olive oil rather than a portion of spaghetti, after which in a few hours we will be hungry again. This is because the spaghetti is high calorie, sharply increase our blood sugar, for a short time then our body normalizes it and we feel again hunger.
The Paleo diet is a diet that aims to teach us to eat a variety of foods without food containing chemicals and additives that are harmful to our body.
Before we undertake any diet, we should not forget:
• Always consider nutrition according to your needs and how we feel.
• First of all, if we have decided to change our diet seriously, it is advisable to consult a specialist.
• To strive for each diet to take and apply to ourselves only what will be beneficial to our organism